Indian Cinema in the Time of Celluloid: From Bollywood to the Emergency (New Delhi: Tulika Books/
Bloomington: Indiana University Press), 2009.
- The Cultural Last Mile, monograph for the Centre for Internet & Society, Bangalore (forthcoming 2010).
- ‘Realism the Theory: Melodrama the Practice’, in conference titled ‘First Light: Stayajit Ray from the Apu Trilogy to the Calcutta Trilogy’, Walter Reade Theatre, Lincoln Centre, in collaboration with Columbia University, New York, April 25, 2009.
- Participant in ‘Reflections and Imaginations: 10th Anniversary Symposium for Inter-Asia Cultural Studies’, Inter-Asia Cultural Studies, Hsinchu, Taiwan, April 11, 2009
- International seminar, ‘Writing Histories for Indian Cinema’, Media Lab, Department of Film Studies, Jadavpur University, Kolkata: October 28-30, 2009.
- Keynote presentation, ‘The Kumar Shahani Papers: The New Indian Cinema and the Birth of Film THEORY IN India’, at the conference,
- ‘The Avant-Garde in the Indian New Wave’, The Yale Film Studies Porgram, Yale University, Feb 5-7, 2010.
- The Digital Classroom’, course
taught at the Christ College, Bangalore (in collaboration with Centre for
Internet & Society, Nishant Shah and Sravanthi Kollu)
- Culture & Democracy, Ph.D. course at CSCS (Jan-April 2010)
- S. Sahana, Kannada Popular Cinema: Language, Identities, Nation (ongoing)
- Kaiwan Mehta, The Ornaments of Urban Neighbourhoods (ongoing)
Coordinator, Networked Higher Education Initiative, Higher Education Cell,
- Team Leader, ‘The Identity Project: An Inquiry into the Unique Identity Initiative’.
Member, Task Force, Asian Consortium/Ph.D. Programme (meetings in. Hsinchu,
April 2009; Tokyo, July 2009; Seoul, Sept 2009 and Kunming, Jan 2010).
- Independent Faculty member, ArThinkSouthasia, an arts management initiative and fellowship supported by the Goethe Institute, New Delhi.